The Dual School Facilitation Academy is a 2 day design thinking workshop led by Zack Jones. It’s an exclusive opportunity to experience the design process and learn how to lead it. Participants in the Academy will be eligible for future paid opportunities to support the Dual School team.
- The workshop is for Dual School alumni. Other guests may to apply on an invite-only basis.
- You must fill out an application by May 11, 2018 to be considered.
- This workshop will be limited to 12 students.
- There is a suggested donation of $30 to cover our expenses over the two days. Your ability to pay will in no way affect your participation.
- The workshop is on June 21 and 22 at 1313 Innovation from 9:00am-4:00pm both days.
Update: Applications for the first Facilitation Academy are now closed!
As Dual School seeks to develop local design talent, we will look to participants in the Facilitation Academy to help us in that process. You might find yourself supporting or leading workshops for teachers, administrators or other students.
In the Facilitation Academy you will learn:
- How to apply to design thinking process to real world challenges
- How to lead design thinking workshops and facilitate the process
- Simple activities that will communicate mindset and energize a group
- The power of reflection to bring about personal growth
Who is the Facilitator?
Zack Jones learned design thinking in the heart of Silicon Valley during a bootcamp at Stanford’s d.school. He’s since returned twice to lead workshops for dozens of the most innovative college students across the world. He’s spoken at Google about prototyping your life purpose and designing meaningful experiences. He’s the author of The World Changer’s Handbook and spends most of his time thinking about how to empower students to launch passion projects.